Sunday, August 12, 2012

Big Ears

It's only been a few weeks since we got the hearing aids, and six since we made the ear molds for them, and they already don't fit the same way! The tubes coming out of the ear molds were fine before, but now they are too short, and my little guy's poor ears are getting a little folded over :(. We go back in three weeks to make another set of molds, and since the the molds themselves still seem ok, I don't think it's worth it to bump up the appointment. One thing I have been wondering is if the ear molds affect how easy it is for the ears to equalize. We live just high enough for my ears to pop on the way home from the valley, and I wonder if Peter feels it differently. He hates the car right now, and I hope it isn't because the elevation change is hurting his eardrums! However, we just flew halfway across the country and the descent didn't bother him either time. He didn't cry or nurse, just slept. He wasn't wearing the HA's, as he was asleep, so I just don't know....

No comments:

Post a Comment