Thursday, June 27, 2013

New Signs....and a new SELPA

Quick note before I forget - Peter added GIRAFFE, (raises hand from neck to above shoulder),

DIRTY


 and PHONE (puts all knuckles on cheek)

Also, the top two teeth next to the front teeth came in on the 22nd, so he missed the predicted 11-13month window by a few days ;)

And....I got a phone call from my Early Start director saying that we were getting services from the wrong county, and that the IFSP meeting would be the start of a handoff.  Uh...ok...I knew we lived in an odd place- we live in one county, our school district straddles two counties, and our official Town is in the other county...but they called me- I didn't call them a year ago when this whole thing started.  We liked our Early Start teacher, too! I am still thinking what else this means for Peter, but I do know that the meeting where I got Early Start to agree to pay some of Peter's school and therapy next year was all for naught. I have to start all over with a new county and new people. I am sure they are great, awesome providers, but I was hoping for some clarity about what was happening next year, and not a total upheaval!

PS I don't remember what exactly SELPA stands for, but it the service district for Early Start and Special Ed.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, a lot of these organizations mess up a lot of stuff - chances are, the new people you will now be working with will be good. Our experience so far has been pretty positive, but I do get the impression that there are tons of mix-ups. It doesn't help either that our state is going through even more cuts to staff and that makes you a little anxious as well.

    ReplyDelete