Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Butterfly Effect?

Yesterday my girls found a huge black and yellow (dead) butterfly. I think the cats had gotten it, but it was still mostly in one piece. It was beautiful, and we talked about it, and signed BUTTERFLY.  Peter was really interested and signed butterfly back! He didn't cross his hands like the adult version:

But he put his hands together at the knuckles and wiggled his fingers on both hands at the same time! It was adorable :). Later, and maybe this was just a coincidence, we were looking up the hill, no longer staring at the butterfly, and I said "butterfly", and Peter signed it!!  It would be amazing if he recognized the spoken word already, and that is probably too much to expect :/. I will keep signing, because if Peter can show us what he is hearing with signs I think that is pretty cool :).

No comments:

Post a Comment