Saturday, September 1, 2012

Another ball to juggle

Peter is great, growing, rolling over, grabbing at things....now I can't let him wear his hearing aids in the car because he grabs them out and sticks them in his mouth. Maybe once we get the new ear molds the aids won't come out as easily, but until then I will leave them in if his oldest sister is sitting next to him, as she can gently take them from him, but that doesn't happen every car ride. Though, She might be next to him for a lot more car rides in the near future- I pulled her out of public school to do online school for a while, due to an ineffective teacher she was assigned to for this year. This might be an exercise in insanity to homeschool her, but I choose to hope that: 1) having Sydney around when Peter's Speech Therapist visits will be a great way for her to learn how to help Peter learn, 2) going to the Early Start play groups will give Sydney experience with kids with lots of different challenges, which could be a great foundation for helping others throughout her life and 3)that the online school and enrichment classes give her a strong academic base and she even gets ahead of first grade curriculum. One of my concerns about the teacher she was assigned to was that by the time the problems were obvious (and there have been problems every year) it would be right around the time Peter is due to have surgery, and I wouldn't have the resources (emotional or time-wise) to deal with the problems or get her caught up. So, I add another ball to the others I am juggling, and hoping they don't all land on my head. PS getting those new earmolds made - you would have thought we were amputating a limb - Peter did NOT like goop in his ears, so thank goodness it only takes a couple minutes on each side!

1 comment:

  1. Busy year for you! You will manage it well, though! And it sounds like that will be some interesting variety for Sydney. Let me know if there's ever any way I can participate in her lessons or just in her life or anything over Skype!

    ReplyDelete