Monday, March 4, 2013

First time I feel a little left behind...

The Baby Center email just came. It's the one that tracks your pregnancy (This week your baby is as big as an avocado...) and the milestones through the first year. The email this week said: "Your baby's ability to vocalize is improving, and he may say his first word any time now." A friend whose baby was due the same day as Peter just posted on Facebook that her boy is saying "gog" for dog now. Peter is right there with all the physical development, if not ahead. And Peter has signed, and I know he understands many signs, but knowing that he IS behind his peers in spoken language and listening just kind of hit me. 

I am so glad surgery is already scheduled and I have a rough idea of the plan for next year. I know it will be a lot of work, and driving, and hopefully it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment