Thursday, May 30, 2013

Wearing a Neptune - Boy Style

The Advanced Bionics Neptune processor is awesome for kids- it is waterproof (so also milk, applesauce and other mess proof) and they don't have to wear something on their ear. The processor can be clipped to ponytail for women, or clipped to clothes for adults and kids.  But clipping the processor to a kid's collar  is a little awkward, though it works fine.  Putting the processor in the breast pocket of a button up shirt works- if you clip the processor in, and they don't quite fit all the way in the tiny little 12-month size pockets. I have also altered a vest Peter got by cutting a small hole in the back of the pocket and running the wire up the inside of the vest, and clipping the cable to the outside of the shoulder.

 The kid harness they gave us is bulky and awkward and too big for my big 12-month old. The lanyard was ok for the bath, but I am not comfortable having Peter wear something around his neck all day (choking hazard).  I have not yet tried the armband, which I am sure will be great when he is a little older. It seems a bit big right now.

In some spare time (haha right!) maybe I can doctor up a vest pattern to have good Neptune-sized and placed pockets, and distribute it.  I think a cute Safari vest,
 or a waistcoat, or even a cute orange construction-worker style vest...and there is this cute vest/hoody I saw that would be great to pocket a Neptune :) Other ideas always appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. Heading out for Germany but I can't wait to see Peter's progress. Let's touch base mid of June!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any advice to give but I think the safari vest is adorable!

    ReplyDelete