Saturday, February 16, 2013

Not yet...

We were hoping to be able to book Peter's April surgery date by now, but the schedule is not open yet. This is really the first time we haven't been able to schedule something immediately, so I really shouldn't complain (too much).

I had asked the surgeon whether there was a choice about morning or afternoon surgery. The fasting for the CT scan in the afternoon wasn't too bad, but I guess we will have to do the early morning thing for surgery: (Surgeon's response)


"In regards to your question about time of day, I prefer to have pediatric cochlear implant surgery as the first surgery of the day (8:30am) for several reasons, one of the most important ones being the availability of a fully staffed cochlear implant team (several staff members leave in the afternoon). You may want to double check with M., but I believe you may still nurse till 5 hours before surgery. Also, in the preoperative area, an anesthesiologist will give Peter some medication to make him comfortable and sleepy."

I know we will survive, but Peter I bet will be grumpy that morning!

This Thursday we made a bunch of Valentines, all copied from ideas on Pinterest or other blogs. Peter got his first Valentine from his sisters :)
 Sorry it is sideways!

No comments:

Post a Comment