Saturday, October 5, 2013

iPad Apps We Use

Here is a list of the Apps I am currently using with Peter:

Speech-related:
SoundTouch (pairs real pictures with real sound clips)
MusicOBaby (interactive instruments on the iPad screen)
Musical Hands (easy to play colored screen for sound awareness)
The Farm (easy farmyard games with animal sounds)
Bugs & Bubbles (right now we are only using the colored-bubble popping part, but it's good for practicing "bubble" and "pop"!  My girls like the other parts of the app)

Monkey Preschool is not used by Peter, but he is VERY interested when Samantha plays it. I swear I heard him say "mmmm" when she turned it on last time!

Fine motor:
DoodleBuddy (free, and great for finger painting with no mess!)

Sign Language:
The Baobab (a beautifully illustrated written and signed story)
Signed Stories (a whole library of ASL-interpreted and read-aloud stories. Peter loves "Five Speckled Frogs". I have fun taking the ASL quizzes based on each story :))
Not used as much:
SignShine (signed, but not illustrated nursery songs)
Baby ASL (good for my girls to practice on)


I am always looking for more fun, smart apps. If you have any you love, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment